Waldhof-Spieler Evans Wise zur WM? Ja!

• Wise thrilled with performance

JOEL BAILEY Friday, April 28 2006

TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO winger Evans Wise was thrilled at his second-half performance during Tuesday’s football encounter against Grenada at the Larry Gomes Stadium, Arima.

Wise was playing his first match for Trinidad and Tobago since early 2002, as he has been campaigning in the lower leagues in Germany.

“Good, very good,” he said after Tuesday’s 4-1 victory for the hosts. “First time back, I guess in three years, playing with new, younger players, I just had a good time.”

Admitting that he initially returned home to deal with personal business, the 32-year-old contacted coach Leo Beenhakker upon hearing of the Grenada contests.

The teams were due to meet again at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium, Marabella last night.

Currently Wise is a member of Waldhof Mannheim in the German Third Division.

“The performance at the club level is not as expected because we can’t gain promotion. That’s the reason why I was released and given some time because the sports director know that we can’t go up and we have four more matches to go,” Wise said.

“So everything worked out lovely for me. Still, we’re struggling, we’re in sixth place when we should have been first.”

Beenhakker shortlisted 24 members for the World Cup team a fortnight ago, but Wise was not even mentioned among the seven reserves. But he made it clear that his performance, not his German experience, will have to sway Beenhakker to look in his favour.

“I think it’s more performance because even though my experience would help the team in certain aspects, I believe more performance than just me being there,” he said. “I could also contribute seeing that I’ve been there and I can make it more comfortable for the team.”

In training, as well as during game-time action, Wise said he’s putting greater emphasis on improving his crossing of the ball from the flanks.

“But that also comes with understanding the players a little bit because it’s the first time in a long time that I’ve played with my own countrymen,” he said. “First time for me playing under this system and also the coach and his system.”

Another national player seeking to improve on his match fitness is Densil Theobald, who joined Scottish Premier League club Falkirk in January.

“I felt the performance on Tuesday could have been much better but the fitness is coming along,” he said. “Mostly these two matches versus Grenada I have to get myself back in order and playing again so I could feel good.

“The touches were still there, it never left me and I enjoyed the game,” added Theobald. While he is among the 24 players shortlisted in the national World Cup squad, the 23-year-old pointed out he hopes to get more scoring opportunities and wants to create more chances.

Quelle: [URL=http://www.newsday.co.tt/sport/0,36594.html]Trinidad & Tobago's Newsday[/URL]

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von WaldhofBub ()

• Beenhakker's 'Wise' after the fact

Lasana Liburd

Saturday, April 29th 2006

Trinidad and Tobago national football team coach Leo Beenhakker yesterday vowed to stick to his original 24-man roster for the 2006 World Cup unless given "special reason" to do otherwise. Beenhakker suggested that injury may be the only factor to allow for the inclusion of a newcomer.

"The idea (of the two matches against the Grenada Under-23 team) was to give a full game to guys on the 24," said Beenhakker, at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium on Thursday. "The 23 (players for the World Cup) will come from the 24 I have seen everyone else before."

The games, which T&T won 4-1 and 4-0 respectively, were set up for the benefit of his local-based quintet of Cyd Gray, Aurtis Whitley, Anthony Wolfe (all CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh), Anthony Rougier (United Petrotrin), David Atiba Charles (Vibe CT 105 W.Connection) and Silvio Spann (unattached) and overseas players like Clayton Ince (Coventry/England), Avery John (New England Revolution/United States) and Densill Theobald (Falkirk/Scotland) who have not featured regularly for their respective clubs.

Whitley captained the team and played with assurance and skill but there was much to admire from the fringe players too. Joe Public striker Gary Glasgow scored on both nights while the Jabloteh pair of Brent Rahim and Kerry Baptiste also made an impact.

Yet, the loudest applause was reserved for the swivelling hips and dancing feet of left sided midfielder Evans Wise, who is employed by German Third Division club SV Waldhof Mannheim.

The 63-year-old Beenhakker sprang to his feet on more than occasion as Wise's teasing runs ended in agricultural hacks from his Grenadian counterparts. The Dutchman sat up as Wise whipped in a cross from the left flank that was worth more than half of the finish of the close range headed finish by David Atiba Charles in the 48th minute.

But at the crucial moment, when pressed by the local media about his plans for a May 10 friendly against Peru, Beenhakker refused to budge and kept faith with his initial squad.

"It seems that a lot of people forget that after the World Cup, there is still a lot of football," said Beenhakker.

It was surely advice offered by Beenhakker in the right spirit but scant consolation for the seven players used in the President's XI squad-which included Trent Noel, Glenton Wolfe (both Jabloteh) and Jan-Michael Williams (W.Connection)-that will keep a nervous eye on their mobile phones over the coming weeks and pray for a miracle.

Beenhakker assured local fans that everything was going to plan, though. He insisted that Trinidad and Tobago's dream of a second round place in Germany was possible by explaining the intricacies of football's equations.

"Two and two is never four in football," said Beenhakker, "it is either three or five. That is the joy of this job. I love it!"

Beenhakker will hope to put his higher mathematics to work in Germany. He is likely to have an un-Wise squad to do the job.

Quelle: Trinidad & Tobago's Express

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von WaldhofBub ()

• Wise shines as President's XI win again

Ian Prescott

Saturday, April 29th 2006

COACH Leo Beenhakker must have had a heavy think before announcing that he will make no further adjustments to the 24-man squad which he selected two weeks ago for the upcoming World Cup.

Germany-based Evans Wise must have had the Dutchman thinking, after giving another solid performance as the Trinidad and Tobago President's XI dominated the Grenada Olympic team by a 4-0 margin at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium, Marabella on Thursday night.

Wise had also looked good during Tuesday's first meeting between the teams when the T&T selection won 4-1 at Arima. Included in the President's XI were several members of Beenhakker's World Cup squad, including Aurtis Whitley, Anthony Rougier, Cyd Gray, Anthony Wolfe, Silvio Spann, Avery John and Clayton Ince.

But the most noteworthy performances on the night came from Trent Noel, who looked solid as a rock in holding an unfamiliar stopper position, and Wise who excelled on the left side of midfield.

Always a crowd favourite, Wise came in for some very physical treatment from the Grenadians, especially in the second half when he was finally given room to operate. Known for overindulgent dribbling in the past, Wise showed tremendous maturity, combining his elusiveness with speed, good passing and also several point-point crosses.

The very physical Grenadians hardly threatened the T&Tgoal on Thursday. But, they held out until the 24th minute when Whitley rolled a free-kick to striker Gary Glasgow, who banged the ball into the Grenada goal at the near post. It was all a little too casual at times for the President's XI, who caused most of their own problems when sending a few dangerous back passes towards goalkeeper Clayton Ince.

It came as no surprise wen T&T increased the lead to 2-0 in the 40th minute through Densil Theobald's diving header, which finished off a well-crafted build-up that started with Evans Wise and Avery John on the left. After a couple of interchanges, Wise eventually got the ball down the right to Glasgow, who picked out Theobald in the centre of goal with a good cross.

Having come on the field as a second half substitute, Atiba Charles got on the scoresheet in the 48th minute, heading Wise's accurate free-kick downward into the Grenadian net. Wise then almost got on the scoresheet himself in the 56th minute when hitting Glasgow's pass first-time, and then seeing his shot crash off the near post of the Grenadian goal.

Recognising the threat he posed, Wise came in for some heavy body music from the Grenadians, including suffering a busted lip. Despite the physical stuff, the President's XI continued to dominate and after several close misses, Silvio Spann's stuttered step and low shot earned them a forth goal from the penalty spot in the 74th minute.

The penalty was won when a Grenadian defender handled the ball rather than allow Glasgow to put the ball into an unguarded net.

Quelle: Trinidad & Tobago's Express

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von WaldhofBub ()

• Zitat

Original von ssv_grieche
    Kann jemand die Berichte vielleicht übersetzen :??:

Mein Englisch ist nicht so gut :unsicher:

Wenns andere für dich übersetzen, wird dein Englisch auch nicht besser! :zwinkern:

• Zitat

Original von ssv_grieche
    Da hast du Recht aber ich verstehe wenigstens was in den Berichten steht

Kannst ja zum Üben die Texte übersetzen, wenns dich wirklich interessiert. Es gibt im Internet ja ganz nützliche Wörterbücher! :)

• Zitat

Original von WaldhofBub

Kannst ja zum Üben die Texte übersetzen, wenns dich wirklich interessiert. Es gibt im Internet ja ganz nützliche Wörterbücher! :)

Wörterbuch :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Sau geil

FC.EMMENDINGEN.03
    :supporter10: :bengalo:: :
    FC.EMMENDINGEN.03
    FCE bleibt nicht in der Oberliga!

• Beenhakker adds Wise to World Cup standby list

04-May-2006 By: Shaun Fuentes

German based winger Evans Wise has been added to the standby list of the Trinidad and Tobago World Cup Squad by head coach Leo Beenhakker.
    Following Wise’s appearances in the recent two-match series between a President’s Eleven and a Grenada Olympic Team, Beenhakker on Wednesday revealed that he has taken the decision to add the player to the list of standby players which serves as back ups to the 24-man squad for the Finals in Germany.

The standby list now includes:
    Evans Wise (Waldhof Mannheim), Brent Rahim (San Juan Jabloteh), Anton Pierre (Defence Force) Anthony Warner (Fulham), Nigel Henry (Kiruna FF), Ricky Shakes (Swindon Town), Hector Sam (Port Vale) and Scott Sealy (Kansas Wizards).

Beenhakker said his selected was based on Wise’s promising performance against the Grenadians and he has already informed the player of his addition to the standby list.

The Dutchman also said that he will still keep injured forward Cornell Glen in the 24-man squad for the friendly against Peru as he feels the LA Galaxy player should still be here and will be monitored by the medical/training staff of the national team.

“I have already informed the player (Wise) of his inclusion on the list of standby players and this is of course based on the two Grenada matches. I also think that Cornell should be with the rest of the team and although his situation does not look well for the Peru match, he still is part of the World Cup squad and of course we have until May 15 to submit the actual squad and we will keep our options opened but we of course will maintain the 24-man squad selected at the moment,” Beenhakker told TTFF Media.

Meantime, Glasgow Rangers defender Marvin Andrews will arrive here only on Tuesday ahead of the encounter with Peru the following day. This has arisen, according to Beenhakker, because of a request from Rangers manager Alex McLeish for Andrews to be available for Rangers League Match against Hearts on Sunday May 7.

“Rangers and Alex McLeish have been very corporative with us throughout the qualification and we have maintained an excellent relationship. We have had all the updates from Rangers regarding Marvin, even when he had the injury, and we received everything we asked for at the time,” Beenhakker said. “And of course now they have explained that they have a game around the time we play Peru and they also need their full team for some commercial commitments and they have asked for Marvin to arrive a couple days late and as a result he will be coming on the Tuesday. We have no problems with this,” he added.

The rest of the squad remains intact for the friendly with Peru with some of the members already starting to arrive in the country.

Quelle: Soca Warriors

• Beenhakker releases Rougier from World Cup squad

12-May-2006 - By: Shaun Fuentes

National head coach Leo Beenhakker has cut one player from his list of 24 players to represent Trinidad and Tobago at the 2006 World Cup Finals. As indicated last month when he announced the squad, one player would be released to make it a 23-man squad for the Finals and following Wednesday’s 1-1 draw with Peru at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, the lone player to be left out is experienced utility player Anthony Rougier.

Beenhakker had invited Rougier back into the national team for a training camp in Fort Lauderdale in January and subsequently named him on the 24-man squad ahead of the Peru match but has now had the hard task of letting Rougier go and he explained this after having a lengthy discussion with the player.

“The guy worked fantastically and he did everything he had to do to try and make it and in the end I had to make a decision. I am sorry but it was not enough because he showed me he is a great professional and a great guy but he was not enough in terms of the conditions to make the team,” Beenhakker told TTFF Media.

At the same time, with the squad at 23 players inclusive of injured LA Galaxy forward Cornell Glen, Beenhakker has also invited German-based winger Evans Wise to join the team in the Manchester camp up until the end of the training camps in Austria as well in the event that Glen does not recover from his hamstring injury.

“We have the twenty three players now but we also have the Cornell Glen situation. On one side I promised him that he can take his time to recover but obviously with the team preparation in mind. On the other side I promised him that he can take his time and I don’t want to put pressure by giving him a deadline. He will miss a big part of team preparation but he will work everyday with physiotherapist and I will give him a fair chance.

“At the same time I had a very long conversation with Evans Wise and he will come over to England to be involved in the team preparations until the end of the camp in Austria. I told him very clearly that it’s a 50-50 situation because if Cornell is fit then I have to send him (Wise) home and then if Cornell is not fit then I have the bad job to release him from the squad,” Beenhakker explained.

The Dutchman stressed that he did not enjoy the part of having to make the latest decision before the team departs for Manchester on Saturday but he had no choice in the matter.

“This is always the weird part of my profession because you have to make decisions like these just by your head but you are also human and it’s not easy to send a guy home like Anthony who I know has worked hard for the past two weeks. You also have an emotional relationship with your players but that’s part of the job,” Beenhakker added.

He also spoke of ensuring that the entire squad be in ready shape for the matches this country has to play in Germany.

“I will prepare him (Wise) the same as the other guys. Normally you don’t make six changes in a match like last night (versus Peru) but as I said before, I don’t only have to prepare eleven guys but instead the entire squad because if one player gets injured before we play Sweden then the other has to step in,” he said.

T&T Squad:

Kelvin Jack (Dundee), Shaka Hislop (West Ham United), Clayton Ince (Coventry City).

Dennis Lawrence (Wrexham) Cyd Gray (San Juan Jabloteh), Marvin Andrews (Glasgow Rangers), Brent Sancho (Gillingham), Ian Cox (Gillingham), Atiba Charles (W Connection), Avery John (New England Revolution).

Silvio Spann (unattached), Chris Birchall (Port Vale), Aurtis Whitley (San Juan Jabloteh), Evans Wise (Waldhof Mannheim), Anthony Wolfe (Jabloteh), Densill Theobald (Falkirk), Carlos Edwards (Luton Town), Dwight Yorke (Sydney FC), Russell Latapy (Falkirk).

Stern John (Coventry City), Kenwyne Jones (Southampton FC), Collin Samuel (Dundee United), Jason Scotland (St Johnstone), Cornell Glen (LA Galaxy).

Quelle: Soca Warriors

• jetzt ne geile WM von Evans und dann für 15 Mio nach Chelsea :D

:schal10:

nur der SVW

• Der 32-Jährige Mittelfeldspieler Evans Wise wird die Farben des SV Waldhof bei der Fußball-Weltmeisterschaft 2006 in Deutschland vertreten. Mit dem Team von Trinidad und Tobago trifft Wise in der Vorrundengruppe B auf England, Schweden und Paraguay. Im Fall einer großen Überraschung, könnte der flinke Außenspieler im Achtelfinale sogar auf dei Elf von Jürgen Klinsmann treffen.

Heute Morgen erhielt Wise die offizielle Bestätigung von Teamcoach Leo Beenhakker, der seinen 23-Köpfigen Kader jetzt nominierte. Beim jüngsten Nationalmannschafts-Lehrgang hat sich der hohe Einsatz des Ex-Erstligaspielers vom SSV Ulm 1846 und Zweitliga-Akteur bei Wacker Burghausen gelohnt. Obwohl nach eigenen Angaben "ohne Erwartungen und mit einer nur minimalen Chance angereist", wurde Wise in diesen zwei Woche zum meist gefragtesten Spieler bei den Medien. Nach vier Jahren Abstinenz kehrt er in das A-Team zurück. (robo)

• Zitat

Original von WaldhofBub
    Der 32-Jährige Mittelfeldspieler Evans Wise wird die Farben des SV Waldhof bei der Fußball-Weltmeisterschaft 2006 in Deutschland vertreten. Mit dem Team von Trinidad und Tobago trifft Wise in der Vorrundengruppe B auf England, Schweden und Paraguay. Im Fall einer großen Überraschung, könnte der flinke Außenspieler im Achtelfinale sogar auf dei Elf von Jürgen Klinsmann treffen.

Heute Morgen erhielt Wise die offizielle Bestätigung von Teamcoach Leo Beenhakker, der seinen 23-Köpfigen Kader jetzt nominierte. Beim jüngsten Nationalmannschafts-Lehrgang hat sich der hohe Einsatz des Ex-Erstligaspielers vom SSV Ulm 1846 und Zweitliga-Akteur bei Wacker Burghausen gelohnt. Obwohl nach eigenen Angaben "ohne Erwartungen und mit einer nur minimalen Chance angereist", wurde Wise in diesen zwei Woche zum meist gefragtesten Spieler bei den Medien. Nach vier Jahren Abstinenz kehrt er in das A-Team zurück. (robo)

:supporter2: :supporter2: :supporter2:

nur der SVW

• Injury forces Spann out W/Cup Squad

National team head coach Leo Beenhakker previously gave members of the current Trinidad and Tobago World Cup contingent a heads up of possible emotional challenges along the current build up phase and Tuesday May 30, 2006 was the first major one of those.

Beenhakker was again forced to perform the unpleasant task of informing one of his players that his dream of playing at the 2006 World Cup was over. First it was Anthony Rougier and in this latest case, midfielder Silvio Spann who was initially in the official 23-man squad, has had to be released due to a hamstring injury. His place will now be taken by German-based player Evans Wise. The latter will take the number 16 shirt to complete the 23-man squad going into T&T’s opening Group B match against Sweden on June 10 in Dortmund.

Spann, a former National Under 23 player went out of contract with Yokohama FC last season and had not played any kind of regular football since the start of 2006. He was on the sidelines for some weeks after suffering a knee injury shortly after the 2-0 win over Iceland and even while being fit again, he remained unattached before playing for a President’s Eleven in two friendlies against Grenada in April. He then subsequently pulled up with a hamstring injury inside the first week of the training camp at Carden Park, Manchester earlier this month.

Beenhakker kept his hopes that Spann would be ready again, at least in time for the second match against England on June 15. But following rehabilitation with the team’s medical staff it was determined that based on his progress, he would face a tight race to be ready for even the match versus Paraguay on June 20.

For the former national under 23 skipper, it was a heartbreaker but he took the news in good stride and has promised to bounce back while for Wise, the sending home of Spann was sad but his eventual inclusion in the 23-man squad was a wish come true.

“It’s always hard especially before a tournament such as this to receive such words. It’s harsh but it’s fair because after getting the injury I remained positive and I kept faith that I would recover. But the coach had a decision to make and he had to choose the 23 players to go to the World Cup. In my case it would have been difficult to be ready by the England game and I am disheartened by not being able to represent the country because this was the dream of my father and myself,” Spann said. “The coach spoke to me and he explained to me why the decision had to be taken. And I have no doubt that he means well for us.”

“I wish my teammates and especially my close friends on the team all the best and that God’s grace be with them. I know they will do us proud and I will be there at least in spirit with them. I want each and every player to represent us to the fullest. They must never think anything is impossible. It is possible that we can go on to the second round and further,” added the former Vibe CT 105 W Connection player.

Both players were informed of the decision by Beenhakker at training on Tuesday morning and the other members of the squad were subsequently made aware of it by the head coach. Spann is now expected to depart the team camp before the end of this week. (Shaun Fuentes in Bad Radkersburg, May 30, 2006)

Quelle: Soca Warriors Football Team

• Zitat

Original von Shaun Fuentes
    Beenhakker was again forced to perform the unpleasant task of informing one of his players that his dream of playing at the 2006 World Cup was over. First it was Anthony Rougier and in this latest case, midfielder Silvio Spann who was initially in the official 23-man squad, has had to be released due to a hamstring injury. His place will now be taken by German-based player Evans Wise. The latter will take the number 16 shirt to complete the 23-man squad going into T&T’s opening Group B match against Sweden on June 10 in Dortmund.

:brd06:
    Wise dürfte damit der zweite WM-Teilnehmer sein, der zeitgleich im Kader des SV Waldhof steht! :rauf: :wm06:

Der einzig mir bekannte ist Otto Siffling mit den WM-Teilnahmen 1934 und 1938.

:goleo:

• Herzlichen Glückwunsch und alles Gute Evans

go to blame England :D

nur der SVW

• wise schießt das entscheidende Tor im Halbfinale gegen Brasilien und den Anschlusstreffer zum 1:2 gegen Deutschland im Finale und dann verkaufen wir wise für 150 Mio an Chelsea! :rofl2:

Wunder Waldhof II
    Wen woll´n wir feiern unser leben lang? den SV Waldhof schließt euch an!

• Zitat

Original von derb
    wise schießt das entscheidende Tor im Halbfinale gegen Brasilien und den Anschlusstreffer zum 1:2 gegen Deutschland im Finale und dann verkaufen wir wise für 150 Mio an Chelsea! :rofl2:

hehe...und dann bauen wir uns ein neues Stadion :lool:

nur der SVW

• Zitat

Original von Ken

hehe...und dann bauen wir uns ein neues Stadion :lool:

Wo? In Heidelberg oder im Bösfeld? :lool: